• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Owner/New Member

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Odyssey
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Anderson Island, WA

New Owner/New Member

Post by Odyssey »

Hi-
Just bot 2002 28 TE ("Odyssey") and made an uneventful passage Anacortes to Anderson Island (So. Puget Sound) via Kingston. Sorry I missed the Kingston gathering this weekend!
There are NO facilities available on Anderson Island, but, that's home. Any suggestions regarding these great boats will be much appreciated.

Bob and Ann Ingham
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: New Owner/New Member

Post by whwells »

Congra's on the purchase. Assume this is that fine boat with the Volvo 330 from Bellingham Yachts. We will all look forward to your joining up with the PNWG next year. Usually there is a planning meet after the Seattle Boat Show. Watch for the posting.
whwells "Howard"
Odyssey
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Anderson Island, WA

Post by Odyssey »

Actually, this is the 2002 boat that's been on the hard in Anacortes the past 2? years with 315 Yanmar. The Bellingham Yachts boat with the flat deck design just didn't fit our needs. Look forward to your boat show get-together
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by N4QC »

In the 2002 -2004 era the 315hp Yanmar engine had valve sleeve problems and there was a recall. The serial numbers of the engines involved were between #50101 and #53988.

If your engine falls into the recall category make sure that the engine has been upgraded. Perhaps the previous owner(s) attended to this issue if it had been known to him/them. Unfortunately, the Yanmar recall program has expired.

I believe that there is more information on this Albin site. Use of the search function should aid in locating it.

Hopefully, your engine is one not involved in the recall or if it was, the problem has been addressed...

Happy researching,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Odyssey: There were two 28te on the hard for awhile. They are on my evening walk when at the Anacortes Marina Docks.
One had the GM engine and the other the Yanmar. If you purchased the Yanmar be really certain the timing belts has been changed,
The recommendation is 6 years or1200 hours which ever occurs first. Many try the 1,000-1200 hours without regard to time. That can be a big mistake.
whwells "Howard"

Return to “New Member Introductions”