• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Abrupt DC power loss to operate Generator, Bow Thruster or Windlass

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Jealoussky
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Elkton, MD

Abrupt DC power loss to operate Generator, Bow Thruster or Windlass

Post by Jealoussky »

The battery is charged, but all 3 items went out and I can't find a breaker. Voltage reads ok coming out of the Battery switch as well. Baffled on this. What have I missed? Any ideas?
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Abrupt DC power loss to operate Generator, Bow Thruster or Windlass

Post by WillieC »

Welcome aboard, Jealoussky. Always meticulously check and clean all cables and connections, especially the grounds to frames. Then, using your wiring diagram, which you will be able to draw once you check all the cables in the event you don't have a good diagram, with your voltmeter and see where the circuits stop. Maybe at a relay or two, or a poorly spliced connector.

I know this is not model specific, others will weigh in I am sure, and maybe get you running in a jiffy. Once you get it, take a minute and introduce yourself on the new member's page.

Best of luck!
kowal_53
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Re: Abrupt DC power loss to operate Generator, Bow Thruster or Windlass

Post by kowal_53 »

Post your boat model and yearn like WillieC said to do.

There might be someone that knows where things are based on a similar model/year. I once lost my DC power on board. I traced it to the DC ground bus bar. Found a loose connection between the big wire bus bar and the smaller one that serviced the main DC power panel.

Given that yours seems to effect the big items, look for the big wires.

I do have big fuses in mine as on the power side. They are feed by the main battery positive cables.
Current: Good Mojo 2008 TE 31 - Cummins QSC 8.3 500 HP
Former: Blue Without You 2006 TE 28 - Yanmar 6PLA - 315 HP

Return to “Albin Maintenance”