• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fan Found

Albin's "power cruisers"
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Re: Fan Found

Post by hetek »

I heard a story about a twin engine sport fish that just went through a diesel repower. Problem is, the boat had no more "power" than the ailing gas engines before. The owner was stumped as to why no improvement.

The mechanic went out on a test ride with the owner. True, the boat was not up to what the performance should have been. The mechanic opened the engine hatch to troubleshoot. WOOSH! And the boat took off like a bat out of hell. He said he could feel the suction holding the engine hatches down.

Evidently, during the repower, no one addressed the need to increase the air intake to the engine compartment.

Moral of the story: Diesels suck... a lot of air!
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

honza wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:50 am So, I just patch the hole in the duct and go slow. I think. Maybe, an outside/inside thermometer sensor under the hood would make sense for a while.
Don’t do it... just brings stress.. i have pages of temp readings in my log...
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

https://www.grainger.com/mobile/product ... WP2IDP2PCP

This would probably do it. It has decent flow against 1.2” wc
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

A simple cylindrical graph recorder mounted in a FLIR motion stabilizing base sub-assembly would keep records for you to review at leisure in the mental institution.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”