• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Teak Cockpit Lining

Albin's "power cruisers"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Teak Cockpit Lining

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

The Nu-teak does look nice. I've spent so dang much money on my boat already I'm going to stick with having painted the plywood floor boards with almond color marine Rustoleum that closely matches the gelcoat color in the cockpit and live with that. Painting topsides, & bottom paint, replacing fore and aft cabin plexi windows, and upgrading electronics to new chartplotter & VHF was more important.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

Just based on the comments about how expensive this stuff is, you might consider just using the real thing. If you have a shop (or access to one) you might be in the same ballpark...

East Teak is the largest teak importer on the US east coast. I used to deal with them many many years ago. Friendly folks! I called them a few months back about teak ply (before I discovered the interior was mahogany). I forget the lumber pricing, but plywood sheets ranged from $100-$300 depending on thickness (.25" - .75") and whether it was teak on one side or two. I don't know if that gives you any idea. It's free to call.
http://www.eastteak.com/exotic-woods/teak-lumber/
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Back around 2003 I bought a 4x8 sheet of 9 mm two sided marine grade teak veneer okeume plywood from Harbor Sales on Maryland's eastern shore (not to be confused with Harbor Freight) to make new comapnionway hatch boards for my 1980 Montgomery 15 sailboat. That was 17 years ago, $192 plus freight, cut into two 4x4 pieces for shipment. Leftover pieces went into making my hardtop roof hatches for La Dolce Vita. Still have a few small bits & pieces left.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

For $200 a sheet I'd have a jar of the sawdust. Come to think of it...
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Beautiful job, Mike , but OUCH!
Just paid out one arm and a leg for ABYC electrical work which will make a huge difference if I can ever get to the boat again. Intend to keep the other limbs intact for a while. (At least until my next pension check and dividend :-) )
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”