• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member - Temp alarm

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

bigosg
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Perth Amboy, NJ

New Member - Temp alarm

Post by bigosg »

Boat (2000 28 TE with Yanmar 6LP STE) developed an over heating problem with the temp gauge. Sorted that all out and flushed the system and no longer get an " over heating alarm" and the gauge reads 80. Now the boat has a constant "red" alarm that shows excessive exhaust heat. Any suggestions? Need to know where the temp sensors are located and part numbers. Any help would be appreciated. Also, installed a new horn and last week it worked great....one major rain and now in sounds like a wet fart. Any horn suggestions? Regards......Raider
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: New Member - Temp alarm

Post by RobS »

The alarm is for lack of seawater flow, is she pushing water? Maybe the wire to the sensor got disconnected when you were working on the seawater loop? The wet fart horn issue is that the horn needs to be tilted down or it will hold water. I made a small starboard wedge, works perfect, will post a picture. A 2000, just like mine, what is your hull number?
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

here it is
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Yearwood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Yearwood »

The alarm for sea water flow failed on ours after about eight years. It has a flow sensor riding on a plastic shaft. After time the wear on the shaft caused the senor to hang up. It took some time to diagnose for the alarm is misleading indicating heat and the issue is flow ... related but not identical. It takes 10 minutes to replace the entire sensor.
Don
tdsull
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Marblehead, MA

Post by tdsull »

I am experiencing the same issue. I have plenty of flow but as I come into the dock (or on start up) alarm can go off as I go from forward to neutral and back.

Temp gage read 80 after warmed up.

Where is the sensor located?
Tim
Louise ll
28 TE 2000 (6LP-STE)
Yearwood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Yearwood »

The flow senor is located on top of the engine manifold on the starboard side. Easily accessible. Two wires to it. Don't have part number handy. Horn easy and dealt with by another.
Don
tdsull
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Marblehead, MA

Post by tdsull »

Thanks Don. I will look at it today.
Tim
Louise ll
28 TE 2000 (6LP-STE)

Return to “Albin Maintenance”