• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

question on buying an albin

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Dexter
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Copiague, NY

Re: question on buying an albin

Post by Dexter »

just curious, what is the asking price and year?
snoedevil
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: warwick,ri

Post by snoedevil »

2000 31 te and it was listed for $125,000 and he says he will take $100,000
that was just over the phone and not after taking a serious look and evaluation and making a true offer.
He had a buyer last feb but the deal fell thru . The buyer had the survey done, and had started to have work done on it then it to the tune off $11,000 and then he didn"t end up going ahead with the purchase.
I talked with the surveyor and he told me the boat looked pretty good from the waterline up but the waterline down was rough and had some issues which could be repaired but the amount of corrosion was alarming to him. the motors have low hours for the age 330 or so but they too are pretty rusted and have oil leaks and all the hoses are cracked and need replacing. along with a motor mount and cutlass bearing he thought. I may still take a look at it soon as I can get some time but not looking to rush into a problem If I am going to upgrade I would like to find one in ( cream puff) condition..
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

DougSea wrote:I've started following the "sold boat reports" from Denison Marine. There are a couple of boats in the 2Q report that I'm familiar with so I believe the numbers are accurate. This is not "Blue Book", and you don't get details on condition of the boat but it gives you an indication of what's happening in the market place.

http://www.denisonyachtsales.com/yacht- ... -for-sale/
My boat is on the list, the listing price is exact, the sold price is quite inflated.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

RobS wrote:
DougSea wrote:I've started following the "sold boat reports" from Denison Marine. There are a couple of boats in the 2Q report that I'm familiar with so I believe the numbers are accurate. This is not "Blue Book", and you don't get details on condition of the boat but it gives you an indication of what's happening in the market place.

http://www.denisonyachtsales.com/yacht- ... -for-sale/
My boat is on the list, the listing price is exact, the sold price is quite inflated.
I would guess it depends on the dealer who reports the price to whatever clearing house compiles the data. I believe the sale price on our old Albin is correct.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

It would be in thier best interest to keep the prices up but that would be sad if they intentionally submit inaccurate data..
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Yummy
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: none

Post by Yummy »

We purchased Explorer - 07' 28TE in May and have put an additional 100hrs+ on for the season. We have the flush deck with the L settee cockpit.

Michael@Maine, could you share pics of your cockpit w the L settee ? Is your boat a "Newport" version ? Thank you for your time.
Yummy
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Yummy »

Above message is for "Michael at Maine"; sorry it didn't print right.
Yummy
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Yummy »

Thank you Michael for your prompt response via mail. Calling you is difficult as we are, I think, 6 hours apart ! , however, here is my mail so that you can write to me directly, or send me pictures.
yetATotenetDOTgr. Regards.
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

Snoedevil,

You may want to take a look at my 28TE just listed fir sale:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4863

I am in Wickford RI and will be glad to take you for a ride so you can see how the boat handles and if it's appropriate for you.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Pituo: Read your post. Chris who is new Vancouver AOG was telling me he likes the 28 with the 370 Diamond series Cummins. I though they were somewhat rare in the 28, but now see you have one.
Were many built with the Diamond series Cummins?
Snoedevil: It sounds to me like the 31 might be the right size for you. Personally, if you have some bad weather as we do on Pacific Coast the doors are great. Down south it seems to me the open air would be great, when it is nasty extra protection is worth paying for. Besides it is nice to be able to lock up your gear and electronics.

whwells "Howard"
35TE Sportfisher/Conv.
"Nibbles"

Return to “General Discussion”