• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Vetus Bow Thruster

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Vetus Bow Thruster

Post by Serenity »

Does anyone have an exploded view of the 23 kgf Vetus bow thruster. The factory does not. I am trying to check the brushes for wear, but I do not want to remove the housing without knowing what is there or if there is a "correct" method to remove the housing.

Serenity
28 TE 1998
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York
joe.baar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

Re: Vetus Bow Thruster

Post by joe.baar »

Serenity,
There are a couple of Vetus "manuals" at the bottom of the "Other" section in our Document Library:
Document Library » Engines / Mechanical / Misc » Other

Neither one of these is specifically for the 23 kgf but they should give you some ideas about how to proceed. If you can't get into the library try contacting the Administrator.
(former owners)
Joe Baar and Suzanne Lammers
1995 28TE "Liberty" 6LPA hull# 132
Ballard
Serenity
In Memorium

Post by Serenity »

Thanks, I will check it out
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Serenity wrote:Does anyone have an exploded view of the 23 kgf Vetus bow thruster. The factory does not. I am trying to check the brushes for wear, but I do not want to remove the housing without knowing what is there or if there is a "correct" method to remove the housing.

Serenity
28 TE 1998
When you say "housing" do you mean the plastic relay cover or the entire motor housing. I've never worked on the 23 kgf but removing the entire motor housing should not be required to access the brushes. It is likely that in order to access the brushes the plastic relay cover will need to be removed as well as the screen/guard covering the brushes.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Serenity
In Memorium

Post by Serenity »

RobS wrote:
Serenity wrote:Does anyone have an exploded view of the 23 kgf Vetus bow thruster. The factory does not. I am trying to check the brushes for wear, but I do not want to remove the housing without knowing what is there or if there is a "correct" method to remove the housing.

Serenity
28 TE 1998
When you say "housing" do you mean the plastic relay cover or the entire motor housing. I've never worked on the 23 kgf but removing the entire motor housing should not be required to access the brushes. It is likely that in order to access the brushes the plastic relay cover will need to be removed as well as the screen/guard covering the brushes.
Thanks Rob. A mechanic was working on a boat next to mine and I asked him about the brushes. He did exactly what you suggested. Brushes are in good shape,
Max
Serenity 98 28TE

Return to “Albin Maintenance”