• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Meet Sonny IV

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Meet Sonny IV

Post by Denis »

That sure looks like a beauty, what a great step up. It should be a pleasure to spend weekends or even weeks aboard. I wish you the best of luck with your new beauty. Denis
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

Doug ....fire away anytime with the questions. I'll try to help you as much as possible. I've got one for you...You said Kat went to UVM, (which is a nice college, in a cool city, on the water! I'm not being partial, am I?!?!) Any way, why UVM? Vermont is one word. I'm sure she knows. Standing by......
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

tbnolin wrote:Doug ....fire away anytime with the questions. I'll try to help you as much as possible. I've got one for you...You said Kat went to UVM, (which is a nice college, in a cool city, on the water! I'm not being partial, am I?!?!) Any way, why UVM? Vermont is one word. I'm sure she knows. Standing by......
Kat didn't even pause before "Viridis Montis" came out of her mouth! :)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate

Post by tbnolin »

Nice:)! I find it interesting the amount of people that live here that don't know what the two words are. An A+ for Kat!!

tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate

Post by tbnolin »

Oh, and air draft is 17'-6"...a railroad bridge...It's usually 16', but they can drop the pool of water between the two locks and get you the 17' 6" if need be. They drop it for me each time I go through.

Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

DougSea wrote:
tbnolin wrote:Doug ....fire away anytime with the questions. I'll try to help you as much as possible. I've got one for you...You said Kat went to UVM, (which is a nice college, in a cool city, on the water! I'm not being partial, am I?!?!) Any way, why UVM? Vermont is one word. I'm sure she knows. Standing by......
Kat didn't even pause before "Viridis Montis" came out of her mouth! :)
Too funny, gentlemen. I posed that question to the Admiral (class of '81) back in the courting days. No hesitation on her part either ... she responded "Virdis Montis, University of the Green Mountains", and that they are. My in-laws are in Newport on Memphremagog with a nice little dock overlooking to the tram house at Jay Peak ... 13 days in so far this season with at least a dozen to go! VT gets me through the winter with a smile!

A dozen or so years ago my slip finger mate had his 27 ft. Grady shipped to Champlain for a 3 week vacation cruise down the Hudson to Manhattan through the sound and capping off on the Vineyard before heading home through the Cape Cod Canal to Cape Ann, MA to home port Essex, MA. What a smile he had for weeks! Someday .... bucket list. 8)
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockport, Texas

Post by rcornejo »

Hi Doug,

Awesome Albin. When can we expect more pictures? I would love to see the layout.

Roland
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate

Post by tbnolin »

Hey Kevin! Glad Vermont can be of help!! Now ya see, that would be a nice trip...good for him! And you're planning your trip up this way........ when? Is that 13 days of skiing? I never made it to the slopes this year...yet.

DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

jerseyalbin wrote:Doug Congratulations, looks great, I am 10 minutes from Pt Pleasant with som3e experience with local marinas. Where is she sitting? If you are coming down and need a hand or want to show her off , let me know . My 40 is probably about 10 minutes away. Come by for a drink etc.

Craig
ALBIN NSC 40
Hey Craig - I keep meaning to say thanks for the offer! I'll try and take you up on it next time I come down. I was there this weekend but I didn't decide I was going until Sunday morning. I'd love to show her off and get a look at your NSC. I love looking at boats! :)

She's over at Carver Boat Sales on Canal Street. Libby and Chris Carver, the owners, have been very helpful.
Doug
Sonny IV
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

Denis wrote:That sure looks like a beauty, what a great step up. It should be a pleasure to spend weekends or even weeks aboard. I wish you the best of luck with your new beauty. Denis
Thanks Denis! Not sure I'm ready for weeks yet, although I'll probably do the 2-3 weeks of living on board while docked in Newburgh if my schedule allows it. Since I spend the day at work it's more of a live aboard than an extended cruise experience. I wonder where I could put the washer and dryer... :roll:

It's making me more than just a little crazy that she's on the hard! I want to go for a ride!
Doug
Sonny IV
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

tbnolin wrote:Hey Kevin! Glad Vermont can be of help!! Now ya see, that would be a nice trip...good for him! And you're planning your trip up this way........ when? Is that 13 days of skiing? I never made it to the slopes this year...yet.
That's now 15 on the slopes! 1 at Killington, 2 at Burke and an even dozen at Jay. Back to the Peak on Thursday ... boys weekend. :roll:

Someday on that boat trip, though ..... the admiral is talking loop!
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member