• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hey! New Members!

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Hey! New Members!

Post by jcollins »

We have quite a few new members in the last couple of months but I don't see any pictures???? We love pictures of your boat and travels. Don't be shy. Post them in the pictures forum or in the Photo Gallery.

Thanks!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Photos

Post by Dave »

I need guidance as how to place pictures on the site.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Photos

Post by Mariner »

Dave wrote:I need guidance as how to place pictures on the site.
It's super easy:

viewtopic.php?t=158
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

<bump>
wpurhaw
Swabby
Swabby

Post by wpurhaw »

Our 32+2 is out of the water getting re-powered and Awlgrip(ed). We are hoping to have it in the water before Christmas for a trip to the Keys and, if the weather cooperates, the Dry Tortugas. We should have some pics in early January.
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to the board. Gotta love you southern guys that talk about putting the boat in at Christmas. We are all complaining about pulling the boat by Christmas.

Welcome!
John
Cape Codder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cape Codder »

OK.
I just posted a couple in the Picture Forum
Bob
2003 Albin 28 TE
Santosha
Butsh17

Post by Butsh17 »

new member here John. Looking forward to posting a picture of my Albin 28, but will have to wait until I buy it. I'm on the verge. In meantime, choose a pic of my ol' hailport of sunrise from Deale, MD on the Chesapeake. Thought this shot was appropriate, as I'm in between boats at moment and last 3 MV's were Mainship trawlers....wrong place to post those pics here. Cheers, Gary
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Butsh17 wrote:new member here John. Looking forward to posting a picture of my Albin 28, but will have to wait until I buy it. I'm on the verge. In meantime, choose a pic of my ol' hailport of sunrise from Deale, MD on the Chesapeake. Thought this shot was appropriate, as I'm in between boats at moment and last 3 MV's were Mainship trawlers....wrong place to post those pics here. Cheers, Gary
Gary,
Welcome to the board. Deale has some beautiful sunsets. I don't think the moderators will be upset if you post a pic or two of the Mainship. :)
John
NJRobert
Gold Member
Gold Member

Photos

Post by NJRobert »

I would love to post them. Unfortunately I have asked how to do it but the directions seem somewhat confusing to me. I already have a photobucket account and thats as far as I got.
jcollins
In Memorium

Re: Photos

Post by jcollins »

NJRobert wrote:I would love to post them. Unfortunately I have asked how to do it but the directions seem somewhat confusing to me. I already have a photobucket account and thats as far as I got.
NJRobert,
Try this:
1. Click on the the Photo Gallery link at the top of the page. You can upload from your computer directly to the board.
OR
2. To link to a photo from within the forums, precede the link to photobucket with Image%20%20Then%20end%20it%20with%20[/img]
For example let's say the link is http://photobucket.com/whatever/whatever.jpg

The inline link would be Image (no spaces)
John
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

wpurhaw wrote:Our 32+2 is out of the water getting re-powered and Awlgrip(ed). We are hoping to have it in the water before Christmas for a trip to the Keys and, if the weather cooperates, the Dry Tortugas. We should have some pics in early January.
Did you ever make that trip to the Keys? Inquiring minds want to know.
John
GREGK
Mate
Mate

Post by GREGK »

i am in the procees of looking to purchase a albin 26cc but with the closing of the builder i am afraid to by new :roll:
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

How much of a worry is it really? The hull warrenty would be lost correct? All or most other systems are manufactured by 3rd party vendors.
I have never heard of a bad hull from Albin. Come to think of it the hull problems I can remember were on some Bayliners. Most of which is probably more urben legend than truth. Kind of like the Peninsular stories we are all used to hearing. There had to be problems somewhere but blown out of proportion.
On the other hand, buying a one or two year old boat is a good thing. Most or all of the little nagging problems have been taken care of.

Just my 2 cents...
John
GREGK
Mate
Mate

Post by GREGK »

J.C. your comment hold water so to speak,i have done some reseach and have not found a 26 cc owner to talk to but all i read in this forum is good and mostly a love affair with the albins 26te and up.so the search will still go on.

Return to “General Discussion”