• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Nissan marine engine parts

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Krimar27
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Wickford, Rhode Island

Nissan marine engine parts

Post by Krimar27 »

I could really use some help getting engine parts for a:
Nissan. 78 HP
Model: LDM6-78
Also known as LD28

I've been told it's the same as a Nissan Maxima, 1983(+ or -), model 2.8lg. Is this info correct??
also need the gasket for the heat exchanger.

Any help would be appreciated.

Krimar27. Or Gumpyo@gmail.com
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Re: Nissan marine engine parts

Post by Panhdjoe »

When Nissan Marine USA went out of busniss back when they had that engine they sold out their parts inventory and the rights to JESCO, (Joes engine service company) They are in California. The last phone # I had for them is 209 537 5057. They are the only one who has any of the marine specific parts. The Engine is the same as a 1983/1984 Nissian Maxima with the Diesel engine option. Many engine parts are available. You might need to get a little creative on some stuff if JESCO does not have it. During the time I owned a Family Cruiser Nissian stoped manufacturing the marine parts for that motor.
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
Krimar27
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Krimar27 »

To: panhandle:

That was very nice of you to get back to me. A great help!!!

If I'm ever in your beautiful State, I hope you'll let me buy you a beer.

Best regards,

Kri-mar27
TorreyWP
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Buffalo NY

Post by TorreyWP »

You might also need to get creative with the gasket for the heat exchanger as that is a marine specific part. The best you can hope for is a "new old stock" part that has been sitting around a while. A gasket could be made with material obtained from a local auto parts store and tracing of the original.

I have had great luck with rockauto.com, looking under the year make and model you listed. Parts like valve cover gaskets, timing belt, thermostat, even glow plugs etc are available there as they are the same in both the marine and auto versions of the engine. Things where marine application matters is stuff like raw water pump parts, heat exchanger stuff, exhaust manifold gaskets (hope you don't need to take that beast off ever). Used parts and part engines are around as our friends repower or upgrade.

There is a great Nissan diesel forum out there if you ever have technical issues. http://nissandiesel.dyndns.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4

Manuals can be found in the library section.

Best of luck!
Torrey Pollard
1985 27FC
Beta 50
TorPedo
USCG 50 Ton Near Coastal
Krimar27
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Krimar27 »

Thank you!! Very helpful information. First time in ten years that I've had big engine problems. Guess it's time to start thinking about repowering (the boat deserves it).

Thanks again,
Krimar27
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

What do you need?

Return to “Albin Maintenance”