• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

TV Antenna

tadel001
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stevensville, MD

TV Antenna

Post by tadel001 »

I am thinking about installing a 24" LED TV in the pilot house of my 31TE. I wanted to get a broadcast HDTV antenna. I am on the Chesapeake Bay. Anyone have experience with this? Any recommendations? I was thinking of installing on a retractable arm above the sink. I would like to watch the news in the morning and the sports on the weekends.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: TV Antenna

Post by Pitou »

tadel001 wrote:I am thinking about installing a 24" LED TV in the pilot house of my 31TE. I wanted to get a broadcast HDTV antenna. I am on the Chesapeake Bay. Anyone have experience with this? Any recommendations? I was thinking of installing on a retractable arm above the sink. I would like to watch the news in the morning and the sports on the weekends.
I have a 14" Glomex HD/Digital omnidirectional TV antenna and it works very well for picking up over the air HD signals. I opted for the kit with the A/B switch and amplifier. The A/B switch allows for input of from the Glomex antenna over the air signal or dockside cable or a computer/dvd or tablet as a source without having to disconnect and connect cables. My unit was the gold standard for boat manufacturers before just being replaced with the newer updated Glomex GX-V9112/12AB. This unit is available for around $225 to $250. Pretty much the same unit as mine.
Glomex Sharkfin.jpg
With HD, you either get a signal and it is crisp. There is no in between like the old days of a fuzzy picture.

Here is a link to where you can basically see what stations to expect in your cruising areas-
Digital TV reception locater:
https://www.fcc.gov/media/engineering/dtvmaps?zipCode=

Here is a picture of my over the air signal this past Sunday while underway in some decent 1 to 2 foot chop crossing the bay (Patriots win 35-17)
Jensen HD 22inch AC.DC HD TV.jpg
The television is mounted on an articulating arm that makes access behind very easy.

As well, I like the idea of a set in the pilot house mounted in the corner above the sink, but just haven't got around to it. For me, a 22" TV in this location would be too much when not in use unless the arm could articulate to flush the panel to the ceiling and be out of the way. I'd cut a mock-up out of plywood for truer dimension, get the articulating arm and play around with the set-up of it to get a feel of it's practicality of it when not in use.

Keep us posted with your endeavor!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”