• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Mid-Atlantic 28TE

mrobertson
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Columbia, MD

Mid-Atlantic 28TE

Post by mrobertson »

Greetings all -

I'm looking for a current owner of a 28TE in the mid-atlantic. I'm specifically looking for an owner who uses the boat on the ocean off the MD/DE/VA coast, mostly for fishing.

If you own a 28TE and you fish the ocean out of MD/DE/VA, and wouldn't mind me picking your brain - please let me know so we can touch base.

Mike
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Re: Mid-Atlantic 28TE

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Welcome to the board. I'm a little north of your area in nj, but there are a few members in that area. Are you looking for some specific information?
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
mrobertson
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Columbia, MD

Post by mrobertson »

I'm very much considering the Albin 28TE as my next boat. My main question/concern is the range. It's a 50 - 60 mile steam to get to the west wall of the canyons here, farther if you want to fish deep in the canyon.

Is 132 gallons of fuel enough to fish the mid-atlantic canyons on a 28 WITHOUT carrying extra fuel? You can figure, 50 - 55 mile ride out, troll for 6+ hours, 50 - 55 mile ride back in.

I feel like it's probably enough, but cutting it close with a real offshore load.

If you own one and do fish the canyons in the mid-atlantic - how many gallons do you burn on a trip?

Has anyone headed east to the canyons and overnighted? Again - without carrying extra fuel?

Thanks everyone!!!

Mike
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

I think your probibly ok, I didn't get a chance to run my boat out to the canyons because of issues, which resulted in me needing to have the engine hauled out, which caused me to put in a new motor which is still waiting on install...however running the canyons is one of the major reasons why I got a 28te...however other members can give you a better idea of their fuel burns, which from my reading from when I was shopping averages between 1.5-2mpg or so
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
socalmike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: san diego

Post by socalmike »

Figure 1.5 mpg fully loaded in a bumpy sea. We run 50 plus and fish all day. Then back. Never really get below a quarter tank.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Most but not all flush decks have 162 gal tanks. I figure 11 gal an hr @ 17knots and have always been very close. I did 177 miles burning just over 100gal in 10hrs @ cruise. Depending on tide in Del Bay you can be cruising at 16 to 20knts.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”