• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Older AD-2 Thermostat?

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

JohnS
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Gloucester Point, Va.

Older AD-2 Thermostat?

Post by JohnS »

Hi all, I am a brand new member of this group, and have a 1968 Albin AD-2 diesel in my Mariner sailboat. She still runs great, but I am in need of a proper thermostat. I am currently using a Wahler thermostat from an auto parts store that oscillates from 220 degrees to 175 degrees all day! Albin Motor in Sweden has a thermostat for sale, but they only have one range....120degrees, which is too cold, and they cost $69! They tell me they have no plans to get any more.

Does anyone know of a 175-180 thermostat made for an Albin diesel? They are a bit different, there is a hole that is covered and uncovered in the engine housing. Any used thermostats around?

Many thanks
Tomzdep
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Victoria

Re: Older AD-2 Thermostat?

Post by Tomzdep »

I have this. Call me. Lots of parts for albin ad 21. April 17. 2017 :o
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

I have the AD21 which is essentially an updated model of the AD2. The thermostats are common to both engines. The Wahler thermostat should be rated for 80 deg. C. (175 deg. F. in American speak). Any similar thermostat with a 49mm flange diameter should also work. It sounds like you may have a faulty thermostat as the temperature should range between 190 deg. F. and 175 deg. F. as the thermostat opens and closes. I have not had any trouble with the Wahler thermostat. Good luck.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
Pwiesemes
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: St. Joseph, Michigan USA

Post by Pwiesemes »

Tomzdep wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:23 pm I have this. Call me. Lots of parts for albin ad 21. April 17. 2017 :o
Looking ad-2 diesel thermostat. Can you help please?

Return to “Albin Maintenance”