• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28TE overhead electronics box dimensions/template

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

taggteam
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape May, NJ

28TE overhead electronics box dimensions/template

Post by taggteam »

Good evening...I'll be headed up to run my new (to me) 28TE home in a few weeks. I'm planning on replacing the electronics...and would like to do so after we close the deal....for the ride home. Pretty ambitious....I get that. I can certainly do something temporary....but if I could get some definite dimensions...or possibly a template for the cover, I could make a new flush mount setup with new unit mounted and ready to roll when I get there with minimal work.....sort of plug and play....

So...if anyone could help me out with that...I'd greatly appreciate it.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Re: 28TE overhead electronics box dimensions/template

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Mine is up on the hard with the elec box. You are welcome to come by and make a template if you want. I don't know if I have anything suitable to make a template for you, but might be going down tomorrow. Haven't finalized plans yet

Edit - actually there is a small chance I still have the starboard that the PO used for his electronics. It's a bit wonky but your welcome to it. Gets you 90% there...
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
taggteam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by taggteam »

That would be fantastic....I'll get with you over the next week or so...
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

How about NavX on your Ipad for the trip home as a backup to whats already on the boat?
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
taggteam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by taggteam »

I'm taking the plunge on a new suite of electronics anyway...so I'll bring the new stuff....as well as an old unit I have in case it doesn't go as planned. I'm actually now looking at the Garmin stuff....really need to see them in action to see what I really am going to decide. Garmin has wifi built in...and chirp built in as well. It'd be pretty slick to be trolling with the viseo camera catching action and being able to stream it to the display....
Tick tock....

Jeremy...did the 12" BG unit fit in the overhead?
I'm actually planning on all of this being temporary...a season or so. I may decide to relocate the guages to the overhead and mount the electronics in the helm....of course that is what I "think" I want. I don't even have the boat yet!
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

nope the 12" is in the dash, I have a 7" simrad (go 7) and the engine panel up there...you should come check it out. My dad has garmin on the 32+2 and simrad on the whaler - I have simrad on both and that's not an accident...I think its a better unit and easier to use. the go7 and its replacement have built in wifi and for the brief time I had the boat in the water it work seamlessly. you should come by next week and check out what I have
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
taggteam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by taggteam »

I will plan to do that. What works for you?
I will PM you my #

Return to “Albin Maintenance”