• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

31TE hull question

Captdan
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Newburyport

31TE hull question

Post by Captdan »

Hello everyone, I'm new to the board I've been boating for 5 years on the ocean and all my life on fresh water. Today I looked at my first Albin. its a mid 90s 31TE Albin, I notice when looking at the boat today that the drive shaft struts were set into the hull slightly and there was water slowly coming out from around the strut mounts where it meets the hull, not a lot of water but some and very little. The cockpit was soft in some places. And I found standing water on the port side just inside the v birth. Where there is a bed. Does this mean that the coring in the hull is water logged? The boat has been out of the water for two plus years. I didn't get into the engines to much but they looked ok. I'm just unsure about cored hulls. The rest of the boat looked nice but used. If I went toward should I expect big repair costs?
Thanks Dan
socalmike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: san diego

Re: 31TE hull question

Post by socalmike »

Get a survey and do core testing.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: 31TE hull question

Post by DougSea »

As Mike said - you really need a good survey to tell you what you're looking at. Cored hulls aren't an issue IF through hulls are mounted properly - certainly I'd expect the factory mounted items to be good, but transducers and other "new" holes are more suspect. Anyway, any surveyor worth their stuff knows what to look for and where. If you're serious about the boat you can make an offer contingent on the results of the survey.

Good luck! The 31 is a great boat!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”