• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Potential Albin 27 owner

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
maddog7719
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: NJ

Potential Albin 27 owner

Post by maddog7719 »

I'm looking to purchase an Albin 27 in New Jersey. My leading contender right now is a 1986 family cruiser with a Nissan engine. Formerly known as "Steppenwolf", with a home port of Brant Beach NJ. If anyone has seen this vessel before or knows it previous owners I would appreciate any insight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vero Beach FL

Re: Potential Albin 27 owner

Post by Jay Knoll »

don't know the boat but you will find some good information here to consider when you check her out

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=8539

Good luck

Jay
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

sorry not familiar with her, but welcome to the board, nice to see another potential jersey owner on the board - I'm a little ways down from you in waretown
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
maddog7719
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: NJ

Post by maddog7719 »

Unfortunately when I looked at the boat it was in very bad shape. Saturated core in most of the deck and house. Hull to deck join in very bad shape around the entire boat. Pilot house core saturated around window frames. Transmission would not shift. missing gauges and buttons for engine controls. The owner ( who had only owned the boat and never stepped for on it) was unwilling to do a sea trial and would only sell the boat "as is". I had to walk away. It is a shame because this owner is just going to let this boat rot away. No more sketchy craigslist deals for me. South jersey is where boats go to die.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Such a shame to allow a great boat to fall into disrepair. It will take a special owner to bring that one back. Mine was not quite that rough, ( didn't miss by much ) a lot of time and money invested. The good thing is I have a pretty intmate knowledge of her systems, such a joy to now have a boat where things all work as they should. Thanks, Mark.
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vero Beach FL

Post by Jay Knoll »

if you're up to the repair(s) offer him $1,000 (or less)

Return to “New Member Introductions”