• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

HELP Saltwater in battery box ALBIN 31 TE

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

kwazie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Onset, MA

HELP Saltwater in battery box ALBIN 31 TE

Post by kwazie »

HELP need advice. I have three D8 batteries and salt water pump went this weekend and filled the battery box drowning the batteries. Then could not start the engine as it robbed the power out of the batteries it read only 8.3 volts. I pumped out all sea water only to find that it corroded the terminals off the cables. My questions are do I need to replace all my cables aND did I damage the batteries themselves and could I have done anything to the battery charger which was charging overnight? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: HELP Saltwater in battery box ALBIN 31 TE

Post by Mark Deeser »

Kwazie, i never experienced this type of situation, can only say what I would do if faced with this problem. Yes I would replace all effected cables. Most companies that manufacture batteries give phone numbers that you can call in on with questions, ask the experts. My guess the batteries will get you out of a core charge when you get their replacements. I do not think the charger suffered damage, might watch it for a while, look at you batterie monitor when you hook up, see if it cycles correctly. Hopeing the best for you. Thanks, Mark.

Return to “General Discussion”