• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 28 engine box

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

matty_mick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Kent Island, MD

Albin 28 engine box

Post by matty_mick »

Have a good bit of wobble/vibration in my propshaft. I ordered a new bearing housing from a buck algonquin distributor (thanks to this board for direction) as my cutlass bearing has some play in it. When spining the prop by hand it appears as though there the shaft is out of true. If we determine that a new shaft is needed, any insight on where best to buy a replacement 1 1/2" shaft. Not sure of exact lenght but I believe that it might be 84".
scaporali
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Salinas, PR, USA

Re: I need to purchase a new prop shaft for my Albin 28, can you give any pointers?

Post by scaporali »

Matty,

I read your post and although it is from 2016, I was hoping you could give me any pointer as to where I can get the specs for the prop shaft, or where I can buy a new one. The prop shaft on my boat is slightly bent due to some past owner abuse, and I want to have it replaced, because there is some vibration associated with it.
Thank you

Return to “Albin Maintenance”