• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Beginning of the season

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Beginning of the season

Post by jleonard »

Attitude Adjustment started the season Thursday with a trip down the Ct river and on to Mystic for the summer.
8.9 knots at 1700 rpm running with an outgoing current in the river is something I don't often see. :lol:

The run on Long Island Sound was a bit "lonely" as there were maybe a handful of boats out there.
Conditions were awesome as you can see.
Everything ran well, no leaks, no hiccups, she just putted along doing what she does best.
If any f you happen thru the Mystic area we are located at Gwenmor Marina. Stop by.
Happy cruising!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Beginning of the season

Post by RobS »

Mother Nature was kind to us both for this season's splash day and shakedown cruises. The weather has deteriorated ever since...Maybe we should take the boats back out and see if the weather gets better :wink:
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
mike66
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Warwick, RI

Post by mike66 »

Have a great season. Look for you at BI.
Mike and Sue Phillips
Warwick, RI
SUSAN HELENA 1985 40' Trawler
ladyT
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oak Beach

Post by ladyT »

Hi, I'm a new and proud owner of a 1998 Albin28TE. I think that beginning the season is a great topic. Being new to the boat, I have a lot of learning to do regarding her many systems. I commissioned the engine and ran her back to Long Island from New Bedford. It was a great trip which I completed in a day and a half. She handled beautifully and was just so happy with her. After filling the water tank and de-winterizing the head and sinks. I have both hot and cold water. Shore power, battery charger all working fine.I still Haven't figured out the heat and airconditioner. I can't find the sea cock to prime the pump? I think I'm in the right place to benefit from the knowledge of my fellow Albin owners. Thank you for any help that you can render. Wishing you all a fun filled trouble free season. Regards, Lady T
Ken Birkmire
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

We enjoyed our brief visit to RI & CT including a visit to Mystic Seaport last June when we trailered our Albin 25 from Phoenix, AZ to Westerly RI to spend a week with friends at a beach house in Weekapaug. We kept our boat in a guest slip at Norwest Marine on the Pawcatuck and did a couple of day trips out on our boat before putting it back on the trailer and driving down to Delaware for two weeks cruising on the Chesapeake Bay. It's a lovely place for boating. Enjoy the 2016 season!

Day trip #1, Pawcatuck to New London
Boat route map 1.jpg
Day trip #2, Pawcatuck to Watch Hill
Boat route map 2.jpg
DSCN2533 (1280x960).jpg
DSCN2541 (1280x960).jpg
Meanwhile, we're excited about our plans for this season to trailer our boat up to Bellingham, Washington next month for a 2 month cruise in the San Juan and Gulf Islands and on up the Inside Passage to Desolation Sound in British Columbia.
squirrel cove.jpg
Desolation Sound aerial.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Nepidae
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essington, PA

Post by Nepidae »

Hello all,

Since this seems to be the thing to do I thought I'd post as well.

Nepidae was lifted & launched from her winter berth and as always, it is an experience we have with our fingers crossed.

The lift seems to groan more each year.

The picture shows our new hard top, her detail & new bottom paint touch-up.

Now she is resting, tied to D dock, for our trip from Philly to the Chesapeake on Saturday, 5/28, to take up residence in our seasonal slip.

WaaaaaHooooo.

Hope everyone has a great season.
Calm seas,

Charles

Jane & Charles Williamson
m/v Nepidae
Albin 43 Sundeck
Nepidae.trawler@gmail.com
MTOA-3927
AGLCA - 12114 (ret)
Currently: On the Loop
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Looking good Charles. I love Worton Creek.
What did the new top run you?
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “General Discussion”