• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New to the group

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
drsutton
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Lake Norman North Carolina

New to the group

Post by drsutton »

Located on Lake Norman, NC, I've been an owner of keel sail boats for 60 years and now making the move to a power boat. My search is for a A 27 FC in good condition. My professional life consisted of 46 years of practicing neuropsychology. My interests including playing piano in a jazz trio, making and selling my photograhy, abstract painting, and short story writing. I volunteer when I can to community agencies. I'm married, have three children, six grandchildren and 4, 1/2 greatchildren. Looking forward to learning more about trawler ownership and meeting like minded friends.
Bill Sutton
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: New to the group

Post by whwells »

Welcome to AOG. It is a fine group and very willing to share experiences and lots of stories. We seem quite a few of the 27 Albin form time to time for-sale. There are several 27FC listing in the Swap, Sell, Trade section currently. That would be a good place to start.
whwells "Howard"
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cherokee Resort and Marina - Tellico River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

Bill, Welcome aboard! I was a sailor for about forty years and lived aboard and cruised for 12 years before moving ashore here in Maryville TN. I love cruising the lakes of the TVA system now in our 27FC. It's the perfect boat for an old fart sailor, and flying along at 6.5 to 7 knots without regard to which way the wind is blowing is great too. The air clearance of the 27 should be good for most of the bridges on Lake Norman if you have to squeeze under them. If you have any questions, the guys on here will have an answer. Personally, I'd rather part with my leg than my boat. Look forward to your involvement on here. Ben
drsutton
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Lake Norman North Carolina

Post by drsutton »

Thanks to all for your warm welcome. Nice to know others share my "rag bag" background.
Bill

Return to “New Member Introductions”