• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

albin 20 hp diesel

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
leonardv
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: sandiego ca

albin 20 hp diesel

Post by leonardv »

Hello
My name is Leonard. I am looking at a 20 hp albin diesel ,used, for my 30 ft sailboat. Any info would be helpful. Access to parts, price,weak points.etc . Am I getting into problems or?

Thanks Leonard
Treeman
First Mate
First Mate

Re: albin 20 hp diesel

Post by Treeman »

Hi, Leonard. I have an Albin AD21 which is the next engine up from the AD2 that you're looking at. I rebuilt everything and Albin Motor in Sweden had OEM parts for most of the parts for the job. The injector pump and injectors are Siemens so my local shop was able to rebuild them. I needed a few parts in a hurry (oil seal for the transmission, piston rings) and was able to measure and replace them with aftermarket parts locally or online. A welder friend built me an exhaust elbow when the old one failed. I love having the old school, no-electronic-anything engine and it purrs like a kitten.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Re: albin 20 hp diesel

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Here is some info on Albin motors page. Looks like they have a full workshop manual for it. Some of it is in Swedish but some in english
http://www.albinmotor.com/AlbinMotor/en ... s-ad2.html
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff

Return to “New Member Introductions”