• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New member from MAINE

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
KODIAK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Freeport, Maine

New member from MAINE

Post by KODIAK »

Purchased our 2001 Albin 28 te last Spring. Will be homeporting at Brewers in So. Freeport, Maine.

Have been cruising our beautiful coast since the mid-80's. Started sailing, then to power - Downeast Jarvis Newman, Island Gypsy trawlers (2), and a Monk 36. Decided to simplify and went to the Albin!

In retirement, working as an associate with a local marine surveyor.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: New member from MAINE

Post by whwells »

KODIAK: Welcome to the AOG. Sounds like you have the perfect back ground for knowing and choosing the 28te Albin Do recall the Monk 36 being a fine boat as well. We see some of those in the NW.
I like the idea of making my boating life a bit more simple as well. That will be return to the Albin as well in due time.
whwells 'Howard"
2manyboats
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Florida-Maine and in-between

Post by 2manyboats »

KODIAK; Welcome to to the AOG. After getting interested in Albin's I found this site and discovered a wealth of information which I think you you will find helpful in maintaining and enjoying your your new vessel.

We bought an Albin 25 in November. We also have cruised the Maine coast since the late eighties. We are retired (mostly) and now that the kids are grown, plan on spending more time on the water. Penobscot Bay is our home area, occasionally to Casco Bay so perhaps we will cross paths in the best cruising grounds in the U.S.
First Light
25 Albin FC
38 Beta
Mainelycruisin
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Surry, ME

Post by Mainelycruisin »

Hi Kodiak,

I first joined this group last spring when I was considering a 28te that was for sale in Freeport. We decided on a diferent hull, Freedom Yachts Legacy28. But I still peruse this sight daily. I find it's been a great resource, even for an "outsider".

We are also Mainers, presently about 8 months a year (I'm still working). We are based in Surry and last summer was our first chance to boat the coast. If you don't mind, I will hang on to your contact info and use you as a resource for local knowledge (places and things to see) in the future.

Enjoy your new boat!

Best,

PS I'm an infrequent poster, so I hope I have done this correctly!!
Mainelycrusin

Return to “New Member Introductions”