• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member from Vashon Island, Washington, US

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Dale West
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Tobacco, MD

New Member from Vashon Island, Washington, US

Post by Dale West »

I Just brought my 1972, Albin 25 across the Border from Sidney, BC. The original owner said that the name "Placebo" was defined in the Oxford English Dictionary as something which does not cure, but brings Joy.
I'll be cruising Puget Sound, the Gulf Islands, Desolation Sound.....
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: New Member from Vashon Island, Washington, US

Post by whwells »

Welcome New Member Dale west. There are a number of active members in the PNW Group near you. We have had 2-3 25 Classic members at the PNW Rendezvous during the past four years. We hope to see you there this Summer as well in La Connor. There is a social now set for planning the 2nd Friday of the Seattle Boat Show. Please took at look at the Rendezvous Section for details. I hope to see you and family their at the Social Planning meet. Please drop me a note if I can help you participate in the group. The AOG is fun and informative. We look forward to your participation.
whwells "Howard"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Dale,

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your choice of a great boat! When cruising the San Juans, Gulf Islands, and perhaps Desolation Sound in the coming summer months keep a sharp eye peeled for another Albin 25, our "La Dolce Vita" as we hope to make a return to cruising the Salish Sea as we did the summer before last in 2014, and this time make it as far North as Desolation and perhaps if we're lucky even the Broughtons.

While in the Gulf Islands last time, we spotted this Albin 25 under wraps in Maple Bay on Vancouver. This isn't the boat you bought by chance?

Albin 25's are a great boat for cruising. We've trailered ours from the Phoenix, AZ area over 9,000 miles in the past two seasons, first a 3,400 miles round trip to Bellingham & back and 280 NM on the water in 2014, then over 5,700 miles round trip to the East coast including 5 days on the Erie Canal in NY, a couple day cruises on Long Island Sound in CT & RI, and 300 NM on Chesapeake Bay, including stops in Solomons, Cambridge, Oxford, & St. Michaels in MD, and up the Nanticoke River in DE.

With sufficient free time and a good truck and trailer you can cruise anywhere on either coast or lakes in between. You'll be amazed at the fuel economy delivered by an Albin 25. No other cruising boat outside of sailboats can do as well. We ran over 60 NM across the Cheasapeake from Solomons and the Nanticoke River to Seaford in Delaware and burned 6.5 gallons of diesel, and that was against an outgoing ebb tide in the Nanticoke for the last 35 miles that cut our speed over ground by more than a knot and a half from our normal cruising speed of 6.5 knots in calm water.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Welcome Dale,

I see you posted in January, and tomorrow it will be 70 here on the Canal. We are over near Belfair on Hood Canal. Working on cutlass bearings and general maintenance, what with the weather hmmm... April 1 and 70 degrees?

Always fun to see other A25s. Another one over near Hoodsport, the living legend Shatoosh with new owners.

We're hoping to do a South Sound tour this summer. Cheers! Rick (WillieC)
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Dale,

I'm curious about your experiences with importing your boat from Sidney. I've read a little about the subject about things such as bills of sale, 1.5% import duties, cross border money transfers if over $10K, importing trailers, etc. Was it a big hassle or did things go smoothly? Were the import duties based on actual purchase price paid or a book value? Any issues with EPA certification on the engine?
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by joreyn »

Dale, Willie, please join us for the PNW Albin Owners Rendezvous in LA Conner July 15th through 17th .
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler

Return to “New Member Introductions”