• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Wabasto fcf16000

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Wabasto fcf16000

Post by amber jj »

Val and I went to the Toronto boat show yesterday looking for a new air conditioner and heat unit to replace our old marine air 16000 which had basically dissinagrated.
MarineAir (Dometic) was out of touch price wise,but we decided on the Wabasto fcf 16000.We found a dealer buy out at a reasonable price.$1900.00 taxes in.Not to bad,if We had to buy from the States there would be about a 40%loss on our dollar plus shipping and possibly duty.
Being as duct work and wiring is already there it shouldn't be to bad of a reinstall.I just have to run the new thermastat control wire unless the old marine air one will work.I don't think I could be that lucky though.
Oh yeah if that wasn't enough we also bought a larger barbecue for the cottage.Oh well it's back to work I go Hi Ho.
Being as I was on a mission I didn't board a single boat to view,but will go back down Thursday with a friend. I will have more time then to snoop.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Wabasto fcf16000

Post by RobS »

amber jj wrote: Being as I was on a mission I didn't board a single boat to view,but will go back down Thursday with a friend. I will have more time then to snoop.
I pretty much never board boats at the boat shows, and if I do it's usually a bee-line right to the engine room.

I went with a Webasto in my 28TE and enjoyed it trouble free from 2010-2014 when I sold the boat. It was a great unit for the money.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Jforesta
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Northport

Re: Wabasto fcf16000