• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Location of Albin 27 bilge pump fuses

Albin's "power cruisers"
Maxsail
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Fort Myers Florida

Location of Albin 27 bilge pump fuses

Post by Maxsail »

We are trying to resurrect some of the systems in my 1986 Albin 27 which has been stored for a while. One challenge has been that we cannot get power to the main engine sump and aft cabin bilge pumps. We believe the problems may be with the fuses but despite all testing have thus far been unable to locate them. (We have been able to locate the closet pump fuse... in line in the closet).
Logically one would think these would be rather accessible in the event of emergency but so far no luck. Anybody with the simple answers or suggestions of where to look would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Bill
JT48348
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Detroit

Re: Location of Albin 27 bilge pump fuses

Post by JT48348 »

As every boat is different I can't comment on the location of bilge pump fuses. If I had to guess I'd wager you don't even have any. I've seen dozens of 20-30 year old boat where no fuses were wired by previous owners. Seems most people don't even bother.

But before I would guess it's a fuse I would suspect a fault wiring junction somewhere in the bilge or the run from your switch to the bilge.

My suggestion: Access the wiring as close to the pumps as possible and see if you can get power to the pumps. If so runs new line back to your switch
Maxsail
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Fort Myers Florida

Re: Location of Albin 27 bilge pump fuses

Post by Maxsail »

Thanks for your input. We have traced the wiring all the way to the sources ( in fact replaced all three pumps with new ones) and found no fuses or breaks in the lines. As it appeared that the wiring was as originally installed we assumed fuses were somewhere in the system and logically part of the problem. However we now have power to the new pumps so we must assume that the problem was with the old pumps and agree with you that there are no original fuses.
Thanks again for your input.
Bill

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”