• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
saltypaws
Mate
Mate
Home Port: port charlotte fl. March 2019 Relocated to Clifton Royal New Brunswic

Post by saltypaws »

Hello all, Last September 30 we left our home port of Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada on our Hunter 36 for Florida and the Bahamas. After 22 storm days arrived in Florida in early December. Had a great experience and exceptional weather all winter.
We learned that our sailboat was limited to the beaten path of the intercostal due to its draft.
As we liked the comfortable cruising of all Florida we decided to look for an Albin 25 for Florida. One of our best boating friends purchased an A 25 in 1971 new and we cruised together for 27 years until his health was failing. He sold his Albin for the same price that he paid for it new.
We have purchased an Albin 25 on a trailer and delivered it to another of our boating friends place on the Florida west coast.
We will be cruising Florida this winter and will be completing some more boat projects.
I am Dave first mate is Marie. We are retired from our building construction business.
Built my first boat in 1962. ( a 10 ft. sailboat. Still have it.( needs mush tlc.) 1968 30 ft. powerboat, 1969-76 42 ft. Cape Island boat, 1976-1981 28 ft. Fiberglass flybridge cruiser completed from a bare hull, 1981 Corbin 39 hull and deck launched 1983 sold 2013,1994-2002 Owned Hunter 37.5 in charter business in Virgin Islands. 2013 Purchased our Hunter 36 in Florida and sailed home.2015 Albin 25 (Lola Girl )
We are very much looking forward to gunkholeing with our Albin in Florida.
TomA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PUNTA GORDA FL.

Re: new member

Post by TomA »

Welcome Salty Paws lots of Albin's here in SW Florida look forward to seeing you maybe at the 2016 rendezvous at the Burnt Store Marina. If you are not currently affiliated with and active cruising club check out the Punta Gorda boat club open to all, don't need to live in PGI. Tom A
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: new member

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome, sounds like you have been there and done that. Florida is a great place to be a boater, soo much to see and do. Hope the right boat finds you. Enjoy. Thanks, Mark.

Return to “New Member Introductions”