• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Owner of 1998 28TE

Eddieb40
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boothbay Harbor, ME

New Owner of 1998 28TE

Post by Eddieb40 »

Several questions:
Much documentation was received from previous owner, except, 28TE Owner's Manual. Any place I can get one?
Anywhere to order new parts, wood step into cabin is broken.
Bait well does not fill, does a valve need to be opened?
How can I know if I have a troll valve, if not where can I have one installed?

Thanks in advance
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: New Owner of 1998 28TE

Post by catalina_mike »

There are resources available in a section of the board for people who have purchased things or supported the board with a donation. I build the basis of my owners manual using the information there as a start. The bail pump has a thru hull located (factory location) Stern port side along with the wash down pump.

http://photo.pacificwestcontrols.com/~M ... 382e4a5047

This is the pump I added and looses prime underway because it was not fitted with a scoop.

My wood step was remade when they did my teak and holly (plastic) floor because it was cracked.

On my transmission there is a ball valve on the transmission that has a pull handle mounted below the shifter. This bypass fluid during trolling and should not be used at full throttle as it will burn up the transmission.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Welcome, Eddie, and congratulations on your new boat.

I don't believe Albin ever provided an owner's manual, just the manufacturers' manuals for all the components.

You'll probably have to fabricate a new step.

Look for a through-hull fitting for the bait pump under the port access hatch at the stern.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Post by dkircher »

Eddie,

I'll add to the welcomes!

I agree that Albin probably didn't provide an owners manual. Instead, I have assembled two note books filled with manuals for the various components. We purchased our 1998 TE from the original owner and she provided a stack of component manuals. I understand why Albin and other low volume boat manufacturers don't provide owners manuals. As you will find, each boat is unique because of the options including engine choices. Check out the various documents available on the forum. The self assembled notebooks easily beat any manual that Albin might have supplied!

We have a trolling valve. Look for a lever in front of the pilot seat base. Ours also has a red indicator light to show that the valve is engaged and a warning sign not to use the throttle when using the valve.

Sorry, can't help with the bait well. Our boat doesn't have one.

Concerning parts, I visit our local Cummins dealer for engine parts. Also try Defender, West Marine, etc. I have discovered a local shop that fabricated oil lines at a very reasonable price. This is not just a marine supply place. So keep your options open, often a business that doesn't specialize in marine will save you $. This forum has been a great help for me. For example, I wanted a second key for the cabin door (we have an Alaskan bulkhead). An owner referred me to a company in Florida and I got a key in the mail in short order. (Pricey, but it's a boat...)

Congratulations on your purchase. The 28TE is a terrific boat.
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”