• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hello From San Francisco

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
gnj-rob
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: San Francisco, CA

Hello From San Francisco

Post by gnj-rob »

I am looking for an Albin 25 to purchase. A month ago sailed by ferry south from AK to BC and now am hooked on doing it again but slower. If anyone knows of any for sale any condition please reply.
Cheers
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Hello From San Francisco

Post by whwells »

Pretty sure there is one or more 25's for sale in the Puget Sound area. If you are interested in traveling there will see if there is any current information on one there.
whwells "Howard"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

This Albin 25 is (or was) for sale up in Victoria, BC Canada, and is still listed on the Albineers of BC website. It's pricey, but if still available might be worth the effort to go through the hoops to bring it stateside. Lots of wow factors on this, puts my La Dolce Vita to shame. My guess is the seller invested way more into maintaining and upgrading this boat than he expects to get back.

Listed here

http://www.albinbc.com/for-sale/mana-kai

Canadian dollars are currently worth 76 cents US, so here's the asking price breakdown:

Boat alone without trailer or dinghy: $25,000 CN = $19,000 US

Add aluminum I beam trailer: $6,000 CN = $4,500 US

Add 8' 6" Force 4 aluminum floor RIB dinghy with 2005 8HP Yamaha 2 stroke outboard on Weaver davits with Weaver lever tilting engine mount: $2,000 CN = $1,520 US

Subtract $1,000 CN to leave behind Engle Fridge/Freezer.

$25,020 US with the fridge/freezer/cooler.

That hard top and canvas work alone is worth thousands.

Big plus is having a good trailer available.

FYI, I have no connection with this seller or interest in the sale, just another Albin 25 owner wishing mine were that nice.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

PS, we had our Albin 25 up in the San Juans and Gulf Islands last year for 6 weeks, attended the Albin Rendezvous in Roche Harbor and met Howard Wells (great guy!)

This year we trailered it back East and did 5 days and 110 miles on the Erie Canal, plus a week on Block Island Sound in Rhode Island, and 2 weeks and 300 nautical miles on Chesapeake Bay. We have logged over 200 engine hours since we bought our boat in March of 2014.

So I hear what you're saying about wanting to "do it slower" from AK to BC. We might, if all goes well, be back up in the Salish Sea and Georgia Strait again next summer and make it up to Desolation Sound and who knows, maybe even the Broughton group.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “New Member Introductions”