• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hi all from SNJ

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Hi all from SNJ

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Hey all, just wanted to pop in and say thank you to everyone here. For the past few months I have been looking for a new boat. Because of this forum me and the wife have settled on an albin 28. We were considering a 31TE but decided it was too much boat. I think in the past 3 weeks I have read almost every post ever made on here and have learned a ton about the boats.

Long story short thanks to the helpful posts on here my survey today on the (hopefully) new to me 98 28TE went much smoother because I was able to hone in on any issues that others have had, as well as knowing where everything should be. The boat we are looking at is being sold by a local marina its a 98 like I said with a beast engine (unknown hours - tach is DOA - other gauges are fine). It has a laundry list of minor issues and one or two moderate ones (questionable waterline in bilge about 8-10 inches from bottom of vee and AC/salt and fresh pumps not working) I have the list of issues from my surveyor and will be going back to the marina to discuss the issues and price but I'm optimistic that we can make a deal. If the deal goes through I'm certain we will be back on here looking for guidance as we restore and refurbish the boat to our liking.

Me and my wife are currently living in Lumberton NJ however the boat will be spending its time with our other boat in Waretown NJ (key harbor marina). We are hoping to use this vessel as a weekend escape from work (we are both veterinarians) and for longer trips (either down to Maryland/Virginia or out for tuna and deep wrecks). Due to the draft on the albin our current 20ft cat will be our bay boat.
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: Hi all from SNJ

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome, sounds like you have done your homework. The 28 seems to be a well liked boat, very versatile. Half the fun is getting everything on the boat up to your likes. Keep us updated on projects, we can all learn together. Hope everything falls into place. Thanks, Mark.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Hmm, Waretown? Isn't that close to Barnegat and Manahawkin? I'm a Piney turned desert rat, having been born and raised in Barnegat until the family moved us away to Upstate NY in the late 60s. Moved to the Phoenix area of Arizona in 1977 and been there ever since, but was just back in NJ visiting friends and relatives for a few days this past June. We brought our Albin 25 with us, trailered all the way from Phoenix, with a 5 day stop in NY to cruise the Erie Canal some (transiting 11 locks between Seneca Lake and Fairport, NY), on to a week in Rhode Island, the on through NJ to Delaware and the Chesapeake, although we didn't put the boat in on Barnegat Bay.

The 28 TE sounds like a great boat for your purposes. We met a couple other 28 TE owners in Cambridge MD and one in Pawcatuck, RI.

Good luck with your boat search.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Yup right next to barnegate and waretown. On the mainland just south of barnegate inlet...
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Yup it's on the mainland just south of the inlet. Right near both of those towns. Just down route 9 from forked river
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremyvmd »

well its official...signed all the papers today and gave the state its cut...shes officially mine. Busy this week so I wont be moving her till Saturday. Ill keep her in till my marina call pull her tues/wed...but ill get a lil use out of her yet;)
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Congra's on a great choice. These are indeed fine boats. You even have some summer days left to get going
whwells "Howard"

Return to “New Member Introductions”