• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Documentation

Albin's "power cruisers"
ALBIN_IF
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Cape Cod

Documentation

Post by ALBIN_IF »

Want to ask how many A27_FC out there have USCG documented their vessels?

Anybody ever been denied?

Dan
New caretaker for ex. "Bunkie"
INDIGO
don123
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Biloxi MS

Re: Documentation

Post by don123 »

Mine wasn't documented when I bought her, but I got it done with no problem at all

For reference, she measures 10GRT under Gross Tonnage, 8NRT under Net Tonnage, 26.8 under Length, 9.7 under Breadth and 6.0 under Depth

In the unlikely event that you have any problem, get back with me and I'll give you my Official Number and you can then tell tham that you're trying to document the exact same boat

Don
Sprig1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Cove Marina, Chester River Maryland

Post by Sprig1 »

Hi what are the advantages to doing that. Thanks
ALBIN_IF
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Cape Cod

Post by ALBIN_IF »

Thx Don...

Advantage, not substantial in some eyes...but have having your vessel registered with a federal authority is carries some weight with insurance companies, the USCG, state marine officers (sometimes over zealous), crossing national boundaries, no state reg requirements (although the Florida Federales "We don't need no stinking badges" seem to believe otherwise), hailing port considerations and tax considerations.

If your going cruising/fishing on weekends, likely documentation isn't a priority.

I'd like cruise in Canada, Bahamas and helpfully Cuba... spent many years captaining/delivering vessels in Caribbean, I found documentation is helpful, with the multitude of island nations.

Dan
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

It's an excellent proof of ownership. It makes a sale easier, especially if two different states are involved and some banks even require it. And if you're lucky your state registration requirements will not include numbers being displayed on the sides of the boat. It's not a difficult process to do yourself and avoid agency fees.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”