• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Another New One

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
scfgfmn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Wrangell, AK

Another New One

Post by scfgfmn »

Add me to the new owners list, please. On Friday I became the owner of a 32 ft sportfisher named Getaway. I believe the attachment is the same boat. Its my understanding that the P.O. purchased her from the factory around 1990. The first owner bought her and shortly after traded her in for something larger. The second owner saw one in Seattle, then traveled to the factory where Getaway had just been traded in. He had her shipped to Seattle, then ran her up the coast to home in Petersburg, AK. She was employed as a charter boat for over 20 years until her retirement about 2 years ago. I have become her new 'sugardaddy". I hope I can take care of her as well as the P.O.

Brian
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: Another New One

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome scfgfmn, sounds like your boat has quite a history. It sure is nice to find a boat that has had some love. Hope you can take advantage of all the enjoyment she can provide, you have tapped into a good source of information on this site. Thanks, Mark.
scfgfmn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by scfgfmn »

I don't see the attachment. As this is my second post on any forum, I'll try again!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
scfgfmn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by scfgfmn »

Mark Deeser wrote:Welcome scfgfmn, sounds like your boat has quite a history. It sure is nice to find a boat that has had some love. Hope you can take advantage of all the enjoyment she can provide, you have tapped into a good source of information on this site. Thanks, Mark.

BTW. Thanks Mark for the reply. I never post on forums as a rule but I'm on a "high" right now!
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

scfgfmn: Conga's on your 32 purchase. They are really nice looking boats and well built for both fishing cruising. Reason enough to be on a "high". You list no port. Where are you located?
whwells "Howard"
scfgfmn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by scfgfmn »

Sorry, I think I fixed that now. Northern Minnesota. Home port is Petersburg, AK
Brian

Return to “New Member Introductions”