• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Albin 25 DeLuxe Owner here!

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Northern Spy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Belhaven N.C.

New Albin 25 DeLuxe Owner here!

Post by Northern Spy »

Hello to the other Albin owners out here. We recently acquired a 1975 vintage Albin 25 De Luxe which has a bit of history around here. We have thoroughly enjoyed her so far, cruising her from Norfolk VA. to Oriental NC via the ICW.
About us, we owner a Maxum 2400scr Express cruiser previously but we had to liquidate some of our holdings when the economy tanked. We learned alot and cruised all over NC and we are now excited to be back on the water. My name is Jim and I cruise with my wife, two kids and sometimes a few random house pets.
We love the design and features of our 25 and look forward to giving her some TLC while we lay over in Oriental the next few months.
20320_10204303181049321_1548522634089728668_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: New Albin 25 DeLuxe Owner here!

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome Northern Spy, nice to have you and yours aboard. Appears to be a well appointed 25, should be a world of great times ahead. As we are doing upgrades and reversing some neglect on our 27 FC we found this sight and the members to be a real benefit. Our little boats are well made and pretty much old school, enjoy. Thanks, Mark.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Belated welcome Northern Spy! My wife and I are proud owners since March 2014 of 1971 Albin 25 "La Dolce Vita", Italian for 'the sweet life'. As noted in my post in the Albin 25/27 section, IMO the Albin 25 is the Goldilocks of boats, big enough for two to cruise, small enough to trailer anywhere with ease and no wide load permits needed.

We recently returned to our home in Peoria, AZ, a suburb of Phoenix after a two month 5,730 mile trailering road trip from late May to late July with our boat, cruising for 5 days and 110 miles on the Erie Canal, a week's stay at a beach house in Rhode Island where we did a couple day trips on Block Island Sound and up the Thames River in Connecticut to New London, and 2 weeks in Delaware and Maryland, with a 300 NM cruise down the Nanticoke River from our launch point in Seaford in DE to the Chesapeake, over to Solomons and up the Patuxent and St. Leonards Creek, back over to Cambridge, Oxford, & St. Michaels on the Eastern Shore, back to Solomons again and return up the Nanticoke to haul out and return home.

I'm sure you're pleasantly surprised by the difference in fuel bills between the Maxum and the Albin, especially since diesel fuel is less expensive that gas at fuel docks.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Northern Spy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Belhaven N.C.

Post by Northern Spy »

It has been very nice to have not burned as much fuel the entire summer as a good day trip in the old boat. Ironically I find that even though I go slower on the Albin. I want to go farther. The piloting experience is not as stressful and is more conducive to longer days at the helm. I hope you enjoyed your trip that sounds like one for the record books!
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Northern Spy: Good choice in boats. These 25 Classic seem to last forever with reasonable care and attention.
Enjoy.
whwells "Howard"

Return to “New Member Introductions”