• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hi from Wales

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Sea Symphony
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Neyland Pembrokeshire

Hi from Wales

Post by Sea Symphony »

Condition Survey Report - Sea Symphony Albin 25.bmp
Hi to all Albin owners.

I've just joined your ranks following the purchase of an A25 Sea Symphony. She is a 1973 year build re-engined with a Beta 36hp and has just passed her survey with few comments.

She is currently in Falmouth, Cornwall but on Monday will be moving by road to Pembrokeshire in West Wales not far from where I live.

I first saw the A25 in 1971 when I went to the Boat Show in London for the first time with my father. He was very enthusiastic but ultimately wanted twin engines. I've cruised extensively since then but this will be my first time in Welsh waters following our move here three years ago. Three years without a boat is a long time!

Hope to post some stuff about our refurbishment and cruising in this lovely part of the world.

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: Hi from Wales

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome, very nice looking boat. Known what you mean by three years, if we don't get to the dock in three days life isn't right. Looking forward to seeing future posts, you have waters most of us have never seen. Thanks, Mark.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Congratulations on finding a very nice looking Albin. You'll be cruising in West Wales - and I have just turned green with envy. Hope you can get over to North Cornwall and up to Bristol. Look forward to seeing plenty of pix

Thanks
Doug
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Sea Symphony
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Neyland Pembrokeshire

Post by Sea Symphony »

Thanks for the welcome! Yes quite a bit of refitting planned and photos to come over the next year.. or two!

I'm new to West Wales' waters so that will be interesting. Spent 30 years+ on the East side of the UK mainly in mud.

Mike
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

Mike. You should get yourself down to Pompey harbour. We've got loads of mud down here! Welcome to AOG.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
MikeB
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Falmouth

Post by MikeB »

MikeB, owner of Asti moored in Falmouth, UK: Saw your boat layed up and afloat in Falmouth before you moved her. Looks very nice. We have a Albin 25 Motor Sailer and are very pleased with the layout and performance. Hope you have fun in yours. We are new to this site and are still getting to grips with how best to use it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “New Member Introductions”