• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

EPA Going to 15% Ethanol

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

EPA Going to 15% Ethanol

Post by Pitou »

Speechless.

Below is a piece directed to the boating industry, but most cars manufacturers recommend no more than 10% and this new mandate if it goes forward will destroy all the small engines in your tool shed .. and don't forget your outboard on your dinghy!

Here is a link to write to your representatives:

https://www.votervoice.net/NMMA/Campaigns/41081/Respond

Here is a cut and past from Boater's United:

The EPA recently announced its plans to increase the country’s ethanol mandate to historic levels. That’s right, despite the science and facts about the harms of ethanol, the government is doubling-down on its handout to corn farmers and ethanol producers.

But the government can’t just quietly inflate the levels of ethanol in our fuel without hearing first from the public. They have to collect comments until July 27th—the easiest way to submit a comment, and tell the EPA to reverse course, is right here, right now with Boating United.

To make matters worse, in a gift to the ethanol industry, the White House is handing them a $100 million check to install blender pumps across the US. These are the pumps equipped to dispense E15 and higher blends at your local gas stations. You’ve got that right; the government is doing everything it can to force E15 into our fuel.

Unless we stop them.

If you are afraid of what ethanol can and will do to marine engines, water quality and the environment, then you need to comment. (And while you’re at it, you’ll be asked to send a quick note to your legislators to encourage them to step in and stop the EPA.)

If our industry fails to speak up now, you better believe E15 will be at your corner station before you know it. And that’s bad for boating and for business.
Tell the EPA: No More Ethanol
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
JT48348
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Detroit

Re: EPA Going to 15% Ethanol

Post by JT48348 »

Sounds like spam hoax?

Here's the real story here
http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/e15.asp

But thanks anyway
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: EPA Going to 15% Ethanol

Post by Pitou »

Thanks JT. I usually check this sort of thing and am embarrassed to have posted this.

Got the info from a our boat club blog where the Commodore put this up the other day. I thought he would have fact checked this.

My bad and I have asked that John or Doug to delete this thread.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “General Discussion”