• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New owner

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
andley1972
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Portsmouth, England

New owner

Post by andley1972 »

Hi to everyone, I've just purchased an 1969 Albin 25. I'm located in Portsmouth,In the United Kingdom.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: New owner

Post by Mark Deeser »

andley1972, welcome to the form, I know nothing about life on your side of the lake, we do have a member locator that might be of some value to you. You have a great boat, should provide you with many years of enjoyment. What engine do you have? I understand that the 25 is very fuel efficient. Wife an I got a 27 FC about a year ago, taken a bit more work than we planed on to get it ready, but they are great boats. Thanks, Mark.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

Hurrah another UK member and that makes four of us with Pompey as our home port! Where about a are you berthed?
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
andley1972
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by andley1972 »

We are new to this game but very willing to learn. We've always wanted a boat and just couldn't turn this opportunity down. She was re-engined a few years back with a Volvo Penta 2002. She just needs a bit of TLC. We are berthed down at Southsea Marina.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tree »

That's a nice little marina over there. We are in Premier at Gosport. There are three of us here with 28 TE's in Portsmouth. No doubt we will see you out in the solent at some point.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
andley1972
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by andley1972 »

Yeah they seem very friendly over here at Southsea and there are always other owners happy to help you if you need them to. I'm sure we will see you out and about in the Solent at some point. I don't think our 25 will break any speed records but it's just nice to have the opportunity to get out and about and enjoy ourselves.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome: You are a member of an ever growing group of UK Albin owners. We look forward to your participation.
whwells "Howard"
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tree »

I was just looking up on Albin 25's and realised that yours is from the first year of production. While doing a bit of looking about, it also transpires that the Managing Director of Albin UK back then had an Albin 25 that he used down on the Solent. Out of curiosity, what is the name of her?
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
andley1972
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by andley1972 »

I was reading that there was about 200 shipped over. Her name is Copernicus, hull number 127. I've got the brass plate with the number on it. She needs a bit of work done to her but considering her age I think she looks ok.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Welcome from one new owner to another. I have VERY found memories of Pompey, and especially of Haslar Creek in Gosport. You are going to have a great time in the Solent area, and if I remember correctly the fishing on the south side of Wight, especially off the Needles, is worth the effort.
Does anyone know if AOG US has reciprocals with AOG UK?
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tree »

DCatSea wrote:Welcome from one new owner to another. I have VERY found memories of Pompey, and especially of Haslar Creek in Gosport. You are going to have a great time in the Solent area, and if I remember correctly the fishing on the south side of Wight, especially off the Needles, is worth the effort.
Does anyone know if AOG US has reciprocals with AOG UK?
Haslar Creek is where I started boating at a very young age! I will be heading over Haslar Bridge in a few minutes past the Alliance Submarine that is now a museum - I will see if i can take a photo for you!
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
andley1972
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by andley1972 »

Just taken the makers plate off for a bit of a polish. Hull number 127
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Have stumbled over Hurricane (Haslar) Bridge to Dolphin a few times on my way back from Gosport, via the Greasy Spoon.

Served in S/M Andrew, which was actually the last A-Boat running. Our gun is on the hard at S/M Museum.

Thought you might be interested in this: http://www.gosportsociety.co.uk/gosporttaverns.htm
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03

Return to “New Member Introductions”