• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Chos117
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Ingleside Texas

Post by Chos117 »

My name is Chris and I recently purchased a 1997 Albin 28 TE. I am in Ingleside Texas close to Corpus Christi.
I get offshore every chance I get. I also enjoy fishing the Bay and cruising.
I would like to find a place that can supply parts and pieces to keep the boat in good shape.
There are not allot of boats like mine in the area. If anyone can assist me I'd appreciate it.
I have drawers to rebuild, latches, etc:
Thanks in advance
Chris
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: New Member

Post by Tree »

Hello Chris and welcome to AOG. With regards to the drawers, I suspect you'll need to get your hands dirty there and either repair or remake. With regards to the latches, you're in luck.

http://www.southco.com/en-gb/company/co ... country=GB

Southco are also obviously over in the States as that is where Albin sourced the latches. Just so happens I need to replace one myself and by pure chance, Southco UK are a twenty minute drive from me.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome: The Albin will if cared for out last most of the owner's. So make your repairs as it will come back to you in enjoyment and later resale prices.
whwells "Howard"
Chos117
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Ingleside Texas

Post by Chos117 »

Thanks Tree and Howard.
The drawer piece I'm specifically looking for is the plastic insert that goes on the inside of the drawer to connect the front to the sides.
It fits inside and has 2 screw holes that go into the drawer front. I will however need the southco stuff as well.
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

My drawers fronts flex in my 99 and I will need to address them as well. My initial thought was 316 stainless angle pieces with two #6 screws on each side of the bracket. Then I started thinking about other methods but I'm not at the boat for a few days. Waiting on grand baby to show up! :shock:
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal

Return to “New Member Introductions”