• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Woody Wax Ultra Gloss Restoring Compound

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Paddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Freeport, NY

Woody Wax Ultra Gloss Restoring Compound

Post by Paddy »

On a previous thread, I confessed my love for Buff Magic. I still love the product, but yesterday the marine store steered me towards Woody Wax Ultra Gloss Restoring Compound (16 oz). The sales person said that they consider Woody the #1 product for ease of use and excellent results, but gave Buff Magic high marks too, rating it #2. He explained that Buff Magic has better results with a high speed buffer whereas Woody can be hand applied. I was on the fence, but he said I could try the Woody and return it if I was not happy...fair enough!

Net result, I did the topsides in no time at all, simple wipe on, haze up, and wipe off - working with small areas at a time. I had a small 6" orbital buffer for larger areas, but for the most part, the hand on and off was easy enough. I could clearly see the difference...the dirt lifted and the gelcoat shined. I also bought the original spray Woody Wax for the rails, arch, etc.

I'm ready for the water, should be in tomorrow.

Happy holidays!
2004 28TE
TomA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PUNTA GORDA FL.

Re: Woody Wax Ultra Gloss Restoring Compound

Post by TomA »

It's great stuff!! Worth the expense and it lasts a long time. Tom A
Paddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Freeport, NY

Re: Woody Wax Ultra Gloss Restoring Compound

Post by Paddy »

A pic before she is dropped tomorrow.

Woody Wax Ultra Gloss Compound on the topsides and Astro Shield on the Awlgrip. I started with the Awlgrip Polymer Sealer but the Astro Shield did a superior job of cleaning and shining up the hull.
IMG_1089.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
2004 28TE

Return to “Albin Maintenance”