• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Lunaire Marine A/C system

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

River Dawg
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Marys, GA

Lunaire Marine A/C system

Post by River Dawg »

We have a 1990 Albin 36 with 2 Lunaire Marine Heat and A/C units installed. There is a small printed circuit board made by Ocean Marine (Model no. 106-3040) and its' mission in life is to turn on the water pump, that circulates water through the 2 compressors at the right time and turns it off again. It all worked when we first bought the boat (1.5 yrs ago), but a few months back I noticed the water pump was not coming on. There is a company named "Ocean Marine" now, but they make sonar systems and nothing that has to do with marine A/C systems. I guess the original company is out of business. I have thought about bypassing this ckt. board and installing a simple relay that would turn on the pump as soon as the compressor(s) come on. I don't know much about these systems so if anyone has seen this type problem before, I could sure use some help.
P.hydrick
1990 36' Classic
St. Marys, GA
seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SW Florida

Re: Lunaire Marine A/C system

Post by seasalt »

I bought a Nordic Tug in 2005 with Lunaire by Ocean Marine and they were out of business then. You might be able to get some help one on one of the Nordic Tug Owner's forums such as www.sentoa.org or www.nentoa.org.
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL
TomA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PUNTA GORDA FL.

Post by TomA »

You can get a pump relay from a Dometic (Cruisair / Marineaire) dealer. With two units served by one pump you will need to get this relay. Wiring is fairly simple, but if your not qualified suggest a trusted Marine A/C service company to install. TomA
River Dawg
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Marys, GA

Post by River Dawg »

Thanks so much to both of you for your suggestions.
P.hydrick
1990 36' Classic
St. Marys, GA

Return to “Albin Maintenance”