• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Boat Shopping

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
MrJim
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: None

Boat Shopping

Post by MrJim »

Hello Everyone. We (wife and I) are looking to move up to an entry-level, single engine, diesel cruiser/fishing boat. We've been in Panama City, FL for the past several years; before that we used to cruise the Chesapeake Bay area. Prior boats have included a 28' Formula PC (gas I/Os), a 25' Hunter sailboat, and various small outboard skiffs and inboard ski boats. We've also chartered a few larger sailboats in the 35' - 45' size range. We expect to get a larger trawler when we retire several years from now so thought a smaller single engine diesel will be a good "stepping stone" boat for us. We're also looking to get into cruising again and I've taken up fishing as my new primary hobby now that my waterskiing days are pretty much over.

Right now, we're looking at 28 TEs, possibly a 31 TE (as mentioned in another thread here), and even Mainship 30 Pilots. I have a lot of questions, several of which have been answered by looking here (thanks!). I'm completely new to diesel power and to Albin boats in particular (but I'm aware of their great reputation). So, let me apologize in advance for any dumb questions I ask. I'll try to use the search function as much as possible.

Jim
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Re: Boat Shopping

Post by tego »

Howdy Jim, There aren't any dumb questions! There are a lot of experienced 28 and 31 TE owners here and the only dumb thing you could do is not use their expertise. Those are great fishing rigs and the wife will like the cruising amenities (a real head instead of a porta-potty). Looking forward to your search reports and welcome. Ben
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: Boat Shopping

Post by Mark Deeser »

Happy hunting MrJim. Great boats you are looking at. You have a good time frame to work with. My wife and I moved from sail boats to power, did a lot of research, look at a lot of boats. For boat bought to dollar spent we kept coming back to Albins. Now own a 1986 Albin 27 FC, it does what we need. Hope you find what is right for you.

Return to “New Member Introductions”