• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New to the group

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
A&TFraser
Mate
Mate
Home Port: April Point, Quadra Island

New to the group

Post by A&TFraser »

Hello to all,

My wife and I are glad to be members of this group.Although we don't currently own an Albin our goal is to purchase an early model 32 Sport fisher and hope to find information and advice from other owners that will help us make the right purchase. Although we live in Vancouver, B.C. we keep our current boat (Bayliner 2855) in Point Roberts Washington. We love to cruise the southern Gulf and San Juan Islands and would like to explore destinations further up the coast, cheers, Andy & Tasha Fraser
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Re: New to the group

Post by kathylsails »

Welcome aboard!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by joreyn »

You might want to join us for the 5th annual Pacific NW rendezvous this July. It will be held in Kingston WA which is a nice 2-day cruise from Pt. Roberts. Check out the rendezvous thread on this board.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
A&TFraser
Mate
Mate

Post by A&TFraser »

Thanks, the PNW rendezvous is definitely something we would like to attend. We are looking into the logistics (time off work etc) to see if we can make it work. If we don't have enough time to come by boat we thought of driving to Edmonds and take the ferry over.....can't wait for summer : )
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

A&TFraser; Welcome to the AOG. The PNW Rendezvous is fun and made up of fine boaters. We all have become friends over the years.
My boat is located in Anacortes, Wa. Hope to see you both there. Anacortes might be a good place for your first night out. You don't have to have an Albin to attend. Just an interests in them.
whwells "Howard"
2006 Sabre Flybridge 42
Former" 35 Albin 35te 2006
2004 Osprey Pilothouse 22 home fisher
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

A&TFraser: There are some posting regarding the 32 Sport-fisher on the forum. Go to "Search" and type in your boat of interests. Looks similar to the Command Bridge. There was one for-sale last year on the dry in Anacortes. I spoke to the owner who was working on it when I walked by.
whwells "Howard"
A&TFraser
Mate
Mate

Post by A&TFraser »

Hi Howard,thanks for the "welcome" and the info. Tasha and I (Andy) really like Anacortes..we bought a Sea Ray off a broker there 2 years ago. If we see a listing for an Albin pop up there we will definitely head down and check it out. We are going to see if we can reschedule our holidays so we can take in the PNW rendezvous.....I think your idea of the first night at maybe Cap Sante would be the best plan. It looks to be about an 85 mile run from Pt Roberts to Kingston which is a bit much for one day. Not too likely we will have an Ablin by then but you never know, lots of boats should pop up on the market in another couple of months. Hope to see you there,

cheers, Andy & Tasha Fraser
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Andy & Tasha: Keep me posted on your plans. My boat is at Anacortes Marina which is just a few blocks from Cap Sante. Our first AOG
Rendezvous was at Cap Sante and like all the others a great success. Last summer we did Roche Harbor. Great fun for all. At both Roche & Cap Sante we were lucky to get one of their Rendezvous tents on the docks. Makes for a great meeting place and social point.

If you do Cap Sante we can tag along to the Kingston Meet. John will do a great job for us all. My cell is 530 400 2424. The email is howard.wells at sbcglobal.net

whwells "Howard"
A&TFraser
Mate
Mate

Post by A&TFraser »

Hi Howard, that sounds like a great plan..T and I will firm up the time off with our employers tomorrow (i can't see it being an issue) and then i will call Kingston Marina (and let John know if we get a spot) If you are going to be up this way before the rendezvous maybe we could hook up in the San Juans or Anacortes...my email is afraser3@gmail.com....cell 778 323-3594
cheers, Andy & Tasha

Return to “New Member Introductions”