• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Help on Windshield Remove and Reinstall 28TE

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

JIMBO44
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PORT ST LUCIE FLORIDA

Help on Windshield Remove and Reinstall 28TE

Post by JIMBO44 »

Boat: Matter of Time. 1994 Albin 28TE, Hull: AUL 28154D494, Yanmar Serial 22035/4LH-DTE, Hours: 724, Transmission: IF Hurth. Serial/Model/ratio: 28703/IF66 1V.66/1.56:1, Prop 3 Bladed bronze 18X14. Cabin is Air Conditioned.

I had previously posted this topic on the 28 TE forum but only had one kind soul who responded. This is a repost in what is probably the more appropriate forum. More of the boats story in shown in the 28 TE forum.

Now as to the Windshields: Both Port and Stbd windshields have a good fiberglas Retaining Fixture around them, the previous owner had removed the original teak. A seasoned old salt at my dock looked at them and told me that they had not been properly bedded when reinstalled and that the exterior sealant was not the right type. In addition he thought that there was some type of flexible "u-channel" that went over the edge of the windshields before putting them back in. My home dock is in Port St Lucie, Fl, the closest person to me who understands the issue is in Miami and he never worked on an Albin. Help!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Return to “Albin Maintenance”