• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Back on the Water!

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Jknox0601

Back on the Water!

Post by Jknox0601 »

We just closed on the purchase of our Albin 28TE. Her name is Nemo and she is a 2002 engine box model with a new 2014 Volvo D6-330 installed by the previous owner, who fished her as a six pack boat out of Sf last season. I previously owned a Farallon 25 for about 8 years but have been boat less for about 4 years. Looking forward to getting back out offshore to chase the salmon and albacore in 2015!
Mntry_Goodson
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Monterey, CA

Re: Back on the Water!

Post by Mntry_Goodson »

Welcome aboard John. Sounds like you found a nice boat. If you get south towards Monterey drop me a note!
Darryl
"Terry Lee II"
1999 28TE 6LP
Engine box / Trailer
Monterey, CA
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome John, sounds like you did your homework and found a boat that will meet your needs.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome John: A fine choice and Nemo is a very special boat with the Volvo penta diesel. It has the track record for a great fisher.
Understand seller is moving on to a larger boat as I recently did. Does not chqnge my love for the Albin line. Congra's. I was off the water and dry for the better part of a year and that made me crazy.
whwells "Howard"
2006 Saber 42 Flybridge twin Cummins 8.3 electronic-Flattery
former: 2006 35 TE Flybridge -Nibbles
Local Trinidad fisher: 2004 Osprey Pilothouse 22
Jknox0601

Post by Jknox0601 »

Thanks all. The former owner, "slimjim" on this board, is a great guy and will be fishing his new island gypsy 30 out in the same waters this year. I look forward to meeting other Alvin owners and swapping info on these great boats!
captmike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Francisco, CA

Post by captmike »

Hi John,
Congratulations . I gave the 2001 28TE "Erinn Gale" white hull berthed in EmeryvilleMarina. I've only had her for a couple of years and have learned to appreciate these boats offshore and in the bay. Look forward to seeing you on the water.
Mike
Mike Sitts
"Erinn Gale"
Albin 28 TE 2001

Return to “New Member Introductions”