• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Exhaust Fairing Leak

monteash
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Santa Cruz, CA

Exhaust Fairing Leak

Post by monteash »

I have a 1998 28TE with the 330HP Cummins. I've been chasing a leak to the bilge for a few weeks and have narrowed it down to the joint between the exhaust thru-hull fairing and the hull. I want to pull the fairing off to reseal the leak and to have all the required materials on hand to do the job. Is there a gasket or some gasket material between the fairing flange and the hull or is it just sealant squeezed between the flange and the hull. Thanks for any advice on this repair.

Monte
craw_daddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Key Largo, FL

Re: Exhaust Fairing Leak

Post by craw_daddy »

My 2006 28 has a rubber gasket between the hull and exhaust fairing. Any sheet rubber can be used. I also added a ground wire to tie the thru bolts to the boat ground point. I had a failure of the forward most fastener while underway which allowed water to enter. I believe that failure was largely due to electrolysis on that fastener -which now gets checked more frequently!
2006 28te 'Grace Full'
Key Largo, FL

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”