• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
shinerxl
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Stromness, Orkney Islands

New Member.

Post by shinerxl »

Hi folks.
I am currently restoring a 23 foot, 4 berth Halcyon 23 sailboat in the Orkney Islands in Scotland. She has an inboard, petrol 2 cylinder Albin 0-21. Of course it is badged up as a Volvo c-10 but we know better. I have already found the AlbinMotor website for parts which is great and I am shortly to remove this engine for a service and maybe partial rebuild on the bench.
It was running in the last few years for the previous owner but the boat has lain idle for a while and I want to give it the once over before I start it and use it out at sea.
It is not raw water cooled but has a small heat exchanger which is fed by its own in-built electric pump which looks clever, I had not seen one like that before.
I don't have any specific questions about the motor yet but would be pleased to read any advice, comments or views on these inboard petrol engines. Should I refurbish or use it as ground tackle? :?
Best wishes, Mark in Orkney.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: New Member.

Post by Tree »

Hi Mark and welcome to the boards.

It's not an engine I've heard of on these boards as in the main most of us here have Albin boats.

Most of the Albin brand was built and sold in the States but at a guess, I would assume most of the boats here are fitted with modern day Diesel engines with a handful of Albin Diesel engines in the vintage 25's and 27's at best.

With only knowing a small amount about yor waters up there (my father was lucky enough to spend two week diving there including the Royal Oak) I'd be wanting a reliable engine that parts are easily available to get. For me that would be a something like a 3 cylinder Volvo or Yanmar diesel unit.

There is an Albin Vega forum based in the UK that may be able to give more advice about the engine and I think there is a yahoo group.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Lee
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: New Member.

Post by whwells »

Welcome Mark: is your sail boat an Albin? We have some but I don't know yours. Happy to have you abroad. Post a picture and let us know of your progress.
whwells "Howard"

Return to “New Member Introductions”