• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Newbie from SF bay

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
R&R
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: san francisco, ca

Newbie from SF bay

Post by R&R »

Ahoy everyone
New member here from San Francisco. I started sportfishing in southern California in the 60's. Also started sailing sabots with the local parks and recreation summer youth program. I've been working on the bay off and on since 1992. Befor that I worked off the central and south coast ports.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: Newbie from SF bay

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome R&R, I'll bet you have some great boating there, I have never had the priviledge of being on the water in the Bay area. In my former life as a trucker I saw the Bay from the loading dock side. Do you currently own an Albin? I personally am preparing to take delivery on a new to me Albin 27, very excited. Enjoy the ride. Thanks. Mark
R&R
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: san francisco, ca

Post by R&R »

Hi Mark,
I bought a 1971 Albin25. I am also excited. Although I did not pay a lot for the boat, i'm sure I paid top dollar taking into account the condition she's in. Good luck with the 27.
Be safe
g
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

R&R: WELCOME ABROAD. You will be in good company with the Classic 25. There are a lot of the Albin's round the SF Bay area. I am too your north in Trinidad, Ca. Keep the Albin in Anacortes, Wa. for some really great cruising. The fishing is actually better here in northern cal. unless you live in the NW and have your buddies let you know when salmon are running for the rivers.
We do have regular members in the PNW AOG with your fine boat.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sportfisher Flybridge Conv.
2004 Osprey Pilothouse 22

Return to “New Member Introductions”