• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

water spots on windows

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

saltshaker28
Gold Member
Gold Member

water spots on windows

Post by saltshaker28 »

I have water spots on all my windows on my 28TE I have tried many different things to remove these spots even soft scrub nothing works I need help any advice would be great
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: water spots on windows

Post by jleonard »

Barkeepers friend
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Those are hard water stains, vinegar has enough acid to remove those stains. Start with diluting with water. My detailer friend recommends a water softener on the hose at the boat for guys he refers to as "rinsers"

Jay, which BF do you use, liquid, powder, etc?
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

I had no luck with vinegar. I ran a 50/50 mix I think but could not notice any difference. Tried a bunch of stuff. Ended up using bronze wool and buff magic from shurhold. Search for "ship shape water spots" on YouTube and you'll find it.
Worked great, looks like new glass but it was 45 minutes a window by hand. Don't know if I'd try it with a buffer. I was afraid I was going to scratch the glass but it turned out great.
Good luck
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
Jforesta
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Northport

Post by Jforesta »

RobS wrote:Those are hard water stains, vinegar has enough acid to remove those stains. Start with diluting with water. My detailer friend recommends a water softener on the hose at the boat for guys he refers to as "rinsers"

RobS wrote:Those are hard water stains, vinegar has enough acid to remove those stains. Start with diluting with water. My detailer friend recommends a water softener on the hose at the boat for guys he refers to as "rinsers"

Rob, check out youtube How to: super clean your windshield. This guy uses 0000 steel wool to polish glass and then finish with A couple of coats of Rain X.
SeaQuel
1997 31TE
3126 Cat
Formally
Abbastanza
2000 Albin 28 TE
Joe F
robin
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: none

Post by robin »

Try Weiman's ceramic/glass stovetop cleaner. It worked great on my spots, and far less than 45 minutes/window.
JT48348
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Detroit

Post by JT48348 »

+1 for barkeeper's friend. You can find it at a grocer store maybe or a big box hardware store. It comes as powder or liquid. I really like liquid. If u use powder u need to sprinkle powder, splash on a little water and get it to a toothpaste bubbles consistency. Not toothpaste-- the frothy bubbles consistency when u brush ur teeth.

Squirt it onto glass or stainless. I like using a toothbrush or a scrubby sponge. Spread it around so it coats entire area. Wait 2-5 minutes. Rinse and repeat if you have to one time. Should require very little Scrubbing or effort. Let it work for u.

Very easy.

Return to “General Discussion”