• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bought a boat broke a MAST ...

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Petruxas
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Hollywood Florida

Bought a boat broke a MAST ...

Post by Petruxas »

Hello members... just bought a Albin Stratus 36 1984 beautiful boat with lots of teak... unfortunately the inboard engine was dead so i installed the outboard for transporting to the home place... had to go through 2 bridges... passed one bridge with no problems... but at the second bridge the current was so strong that i could not stop the sailboat in time.... went under the bridge ... closed intracoastal for about 3 hours... fire rescue... police... coast guard... nobody could do anything until the tide would change, but fortunately the MAST snapped in half... boat swam away from the bridge and was 1/3 full of water... SAD SUNDAY>>> ...
now i need to find where to purchase a new mast, ridging... ech... anyone knows ???
Sincerely New Member Peter
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: Bought a boat broke a MAST ...

Post by Mark Deeser »

So sorry to hear tale of woe. That said would like to welcome you, hope some one here can help. I have some time, will try and do some mining on Internet.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Bought a boat broke a MAST ...

Post by whwells »

Welcome new member Peter: Gosh sorry to hear of your difficult start. All will get better. Albin's are such great boats. Hang in there and best of luck with the repairs.
whwells "Howard"

Return to “New Member Introductions”