• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New member in PNW

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
SalmonK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Friday Harbor, WA

New member in PNW

Post by SalmonK »

Hello Everyone!

Ive joined this group hoping to find some good information about an Albin model that we encountered on a two month sailing trip in BC that ended yesterday.

We are lifelong sailors and have owned our present 35' sailboat for 20 years. We are recently retired and anticipate boating for another decade or two. We have begun to consider powerboats (!) that might allow us to do this more easily, especially off-season. About a month ago we saw an Albin 36 Express Trawler at a dock and chatted briefly with the owners. It really caught our attention as a worthy candidate, even though that particular vessel is not for sale.

I suspect that ours is a common profile.

In any case, thanks to the Google, here we are. Nice meeting you all.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: New member in PNW

Post by whwells »

SalmonK: Welcome to the AOG & the PNW AOG. There are limited number of the 36' Series you are considering. There is one forsale in So. Cal. on Yachtworld. The PNW has 2 such boats. You likely meet one of those active members. We do meet annually for a PNW Rendevous for members are those interested in the fine Albin boats. This year we were at Roche Harbor in July.

We look forward to your particupation in the local and national Albin group. If you are interested I have a 35te Flybridge in Anacortes and would be happy to give you a run in it.

whwells "Howard"
SalmonK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Friday Harbor, WA

Post by SalmonK »

Thank you Howard for the warm welcome!

We just might take you up on your gracious offer of a tour of your boat. We have seen the interior photos on the Yachtworld posts, but there is nothing like being there to get a sense of whether or not its a good fit for us.

In any case, its likely to be a slow transition for us given the scarcity of the 36ET's and our reluctance to give up those great summer NW'ly sails in Johnstone and Georgia Straits.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Good to hear from you. I am often at Roche Harbor, Stewart and Succia when in the NW. Friday is on the way. Send me a PM with your phone number and I will check in with you when in the area. Nibble's is a 35te and not as roomy as the 36 but great for fishing & cruising. Keep the boat over at Anacortes Marina.
whwells "Howard"

Return to “New Member Introductions”