• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 27 FC -Coquette

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
JT48348
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Detroit

Albin 27 FC -Coquette

Post by JT48348 »

Hi: I'm J and a new Albin owner. I have been searching for a trailerable trawler for some time, and almost bought Albin 25 two years ago. Then I found out they made a 27 footer and it was all over. I'm a sailboater by heart but as I grow older the trawler idea grew on me. I owned another Swedish designed boat, an Alberg 30 sloop, among day sailors and weekenders. I lived on the 30 footer. Then a 45' costal cruiser (houseboat sort of) which I also lived on for four years.

I just purchased my 1986 Albin FC, Nissan diesel power. Boat is named "Coquette" and on the hard in the Detroit area. I will be doing an extensive refit over the next few years planning retirement.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
wpcv1776
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Redondo Beach, CA

Re: Albin 27 FC -Coquette

Post by wpcv1776 »

That's a great looking boat! Congratulations!
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

Howdy J, I'm also a 27FC owner. Like you I'm an old sailor who crossed over. I really love the 27 and have done a lot of improvements. I used to build furniture on megayachts so woodworking is another of my passions. There's a lot of missed storage on the 27. I'll be posting some pictures in the near future. Mine is an '87 with the Nissan also. If you'd like to talk about her, give me a call sometime. Ben-865 233-3621. I run up to MI periodically to visit my son in Kalamazoo.
JT48348
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Detroit

Post by JT48348 »

Thanks all. Very excited. I am thinking of a total refit of my Albin 27 FC for retirement.
I did a 30ft classic sailboat when I was younger, and small sailboat a few years ago. Very exciting and very rewarding.

My documentary about retoring a 22ft Sailboat:
Restoring an Old Sailboat
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome: Nice 27' Lots of fun ahead for you.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sportfisher Conv
2004 Osprey Pilothouse 22

Return to “New Member Introductions”