• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Help with this davit

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

papafu

Help with this davit

Post by papafu »

I've owned our Albin 36 for two years. It came with a davit that I can locate any information on, therefore I have not been able to use it.

Anyone familiar with the system who can advise?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Help with this davit

Post by DougSea »

Do you have any pictures that show the davits a bit more clearly?
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
papafu

Post by papafu »

The additional pics are attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Those are not good enough pictures. We need to see the entire davit and the supporting system.

But I'll take a shot and say that I have seen similar systems, usually they are home made/custom built.
The entire rigging lowers and raises with the dinghy attached. There must be some sort of rigging lines or cables and pulleys or a winch.
When lowered the there are lines or straps that attach from the dinghy to the davit arms. Then the whole thing is raised and the dinghy hangs. You probably need some cross lines to stabilize it from swinging side to side.
You can see some of my rigging from the dinghy to the davit arms, and one anti sway line.

IMG_8262.JPG
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
psneeld
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Avalon, NJ

Post by psneeld »

If you don't want it. I'll give you $750 for it....

Anyway...it just is a swing lift davit...you need some kind of lift harness for the dingy and the main boom will pull the whole rig up...I would kill for that davit....let me know if you get the hang of it or want to get rid of it.
Scott Neeld
Albin 40 Trawler

Return to “General Discussion”